APPDA Coimbra (Associação Portuguesa para as Perturbações do Desenvolvimento e Autismo de Coimbra)
The Portuguese Association for Developmental Disorders and Autism of Coimbra (APPDA Coimbra) was founded in 1971 by a group of parents. APPDA Coimbra’s mission is to provide specific and individualised services to Persons with Developmental Disorders and Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families, thus facilitating their autonomy, inclusion and full citizenship. APPDA intends to increasingly support and adapt the offered services to the needs of persons with ASD and their families and plans to be credited by its quality both nationally and internationally. Over the years, APPDA has developed and offered services related to diagnosis support, therapeutic monitoring, referral and family counselling, social-educational training, and the study of ASD. It has been working towards the diversification of responses, thus covering a larger number of clients. APPDA has implemented a myriad of activities, including the application for important projects, therapies and training. It is a certificate centre of training and professional integration for people with disabilities.
– Occupational Activities Centre: offers several pre-professional workshops and development of personal and social skills, as well as, whenever possible, the integration in socially useful activities in the community. In this centre, we also welcome elementary and secondary students with ASD and/or other disabilities, supporting their transition to post-school life.
– Leisure Activities Centre: carries out activities during school interruptions, as well as holiday camps;
– Autonomous Residence: promotes living, occupational and autonomy conditions that contribute to the welfare and quality of life of the clients;
– Psychosocial support office;
– Resource centre;
– Training and professional integration Centre: runs various courses for professional qualification of persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or other disabilities.
Av. Afonso Romão – Hospital Pediátrico de Coimbra
Piso 0, Gabinete B08.00.16
Phone: +351 239 822 004